Accounting Assistant - Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport
This position is responsible but not limited to the following:
- Perform Account Payable duties according to established policies and procedures.
- Post invoices.
- Maintain and manage the accounts payable aging.
- Follow-up with vendors by email or phone.
- Prepare daily cash deposits.
- Other projects and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- W9/1099 tracking and reporting.
- Perform monthly physical inventory.
- Assist other areas of accounting, as needed.
- AA degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- An understanding of hotel industry accounting procedures preferred.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and meet all deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft applications; Experience with Opera Property Management System (PMS) a plus